Effective Product Page Practices To Increase Sales
A crucial element of growing your e-commerce conversion rate is nailing your product page.
Think of this scenario:
You are looking for a new pair of shoes online.
The first site you visit has a product page that features only one photo of the shoes, very little description, and no customer reviews.
The second ecommerce site you visit has a product page that features multiple high-quality images showing the shoes in multiple angles, detailed description, and customer reviews.
From which ecommerce site are you more likely to purchase a pair of shoes? Obviously, the latter.
You may be the first one to appear when someone is searching for something or, you may have the most beautiful website design, the best products, and more traffic than all of your competitors, but visitors' shopping carts will remain empty if you are not optimizing your product pages to impact and drive conversions.
Following a set of effective practices for your ecommerce product page makes a big difference.
Effective Product Page Practices To Increase Sales
In this article, we’re going to specify the most effective product page practices to convert as many visitors as possible into sales.
1. Use High-Quality Product Images and Videos
Probably one of the most important aspects in a product page is the images you are displaying. Therefore, you have to display images and videos that are of high-quality and show different angles of the product.
It also helps customers to visualize products in use, so try to feature the product in situations represent its actual use (for example, show people wearing the clothes, bags, etc., or before and after photos of people that have used your whitening product).
If you could afford hiring professionals to take photos of your products, definitely do so. But, if you’re start up, you could always do DIY. There are lot of resources online teaching you how to capture high-quality product photos.
Quality product images matter a lot in convincing your visitors to click ‘Add to cart’ or ‘Buy’ button. It also creates a great first impression.
2. Write Persuasive, Informative Product Description
Your product description should contain the following:
- • Product overview
- • Specification of the product, like the materials, size, weight, etc.
- • Different ways it can be used
- • How the products will benefit the consumer
The trick to writing a persuasive or convincing summary of the product is to concentrate more on writing original content that makes potential customers envision themselves using your products and how it can make their lives better.
Additionally, the description should be:
- • Jargon-free
- • Full of necessary, critical information
- • Answering FAQs about the product
3. Be Clear and Concise On The Price
For many consumers, the price is the primary driver in terms of whether or not they will buy the product. If they can't find the price quickly, they're likely to become wary and shop somewhere else.
Put the price in a place where it can be easily seen, and if you offer a discount, strike-through the old price instead of just hiding it. This is also a great sales tactic to convince visitors to purchase the product
4. Provide A Clear Call-to-Action (CTA)
If the consumer is convinced in buying the product, you have earned the right to call your online shoppers to action.
Oftentimes, this will simply be an “Add to Cart” button.
Make your this button as visible as possible.
5. Include customer reviews on products
Customer reviews are absolutely essential for any ecommerce site because people tend to trust more their peers than what advertisers say.
Featuring reviews will help the potential customers know that they’re making a smart choice and that other people have good experiences in using the product.
It also helps you build trust, and credibility among your real customers.
6. Include related products
It is likely that the first product the customer viewed is not the best option for them. They may want to look for other colors or style.
By having related products displayed within the product page itself, you are able to keep the potential customer 's interest and bring them closer to making a purchase.
7. Includes FAQs to educate and inspire trust
There will always be individuals who are hesitant to buy online. Maybe they’ve had bad experiences in the past.
Answering the questions you already know visitors are asking right on your product page is a great way to increase trust for these individuals. You should include in your product page - FAQs and other helpful information related to your products, either below the product, in a dropdown or clickable button for modal.
Common question may include:
- • What payment options do you offer?
- • Are there shipping fees or are they free?
- • Do you accept returns and exchanges?
- • How long will be the delivery time?
Look at this example product page, where there is a delivery time estimate according to your location, they state that they accept COD payment option, and 30 days return without fee.
Product pages are the heart and soul of your e-commerce site.
Applying these above mentioned practices to your product pages will make a huge difference. You can convert more visitors into customers and increase your sales revenue.
If you don’t know where to get started, Go2designlab is here to help. We offer software development services including ecommerce development. We create ecommerce sites that are powerful, effective and affordable. Get in touch with us today, and let us help your business succeed online.
- Benefits Of Putting Database Into The Cloud
- Effective Product Page Practices To Increase Sales
- The Importance of Mobile App Maintenance
- Brilliant Mobile App Ideas for your next business this 2020
- Custom-Built Site vs. WordPress Theme: Pros and Cons
- What is APK and what does it do?
- Everything You Need to Know about SKU
- What Is Your Excuse For Not Having A Website?
- The importance of an ecommerce website for any retail business
- What’s the Role of Technical Support and why are they crucial for the business?
- How to earn passive income from mobile app?
- What do software developers do?
- Software Development Process
- Benefits Of Remote Technical Support For Small Businesses
- What do Software Development Companies do?
- Online Store: What makes an effective eCommerce?
- What is Lead Generation and why can it be useful to your business?
- 7 Tips To Win Google’s Answer Box
- What are the Different Types of eCommerce (Online Store)?
- Starting Your Online Store: A Step By Step Guide
- Advantages of White Label Partnership
- Traits that make a great software developer
- Android And iOS Mobile App Developer In Cebu
- Essential Wordpress Plugins To Improve Seo
- Social Media as your Marketing Tool
- Top social media blunders
- How to make your website relevant
- Virtual Assistants: Why Hire Them?
- #TRENDING “What it does to someone’s business?”
- Why do we need to SEO?
- SEO in a nutshell
- Is it time for your website to get a facelift?
- Effective Online Presence
- Benefits of an outsourced I.T. service
- TeamViewer FAQ
- Website Development: Digital Agency vs Freelancer
- What is Online Branding?
- Don’t Be A Faceless Brand
- E-commerce, The New Face of Retailing
- The importance of an organic content in a website
- Grow Your Business With a Website
- Why Do You Need To Redesign Your Website?